Sunday, September 25, 2011

We Got Tubes!

Hey it is been a while, took a while to ship, took a while to get the components for the Power Supply and guess what? I am missing a capacitor...

Wanted to post the first pictures with the tubes glowing but it will have to wait.

I got this Military Display assembly to make it easier to test. Dont worry, it is just nixies in a box with a driver in it, nothing fancy and it is... just a prototype.

More Updates very soon.

Note: The manual is dated 1989 so it could have been used by the Soviet Union.

Some of my pictures, some are the sellers:




8 comments:

  1. awesome now it really feels like this is going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of my money. I already feel my wallet crying, yet this grin won't leave my face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of tubes are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure if I like the "box" look to it. You mentioned it was a prototype, does that mean you will strip the box off later?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's horrible isn't it?
    It's just for the currently non-existent prototype.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks nice!

    But do you have any idea on how much it's gonna cost?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Russian book? Where are you from? oO

    ReplyDelete